Saturday 29 August 2009

"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world. ” — O'Brien


TRAINS

It has been three years since I last travelled on a train, and if I never have to travel on one again, it would be a day too soon. The nearest train station to Maerdy is five miles away, so they have never been my first choice of travel, but the whole idea never did appeal to me.

There are so many reasons that trains scare the living daylights out of me. The rubber seal that holds the carriages together, the huge gap between the train and the platform when boarding, the backwards seats that turn my stomache, the stench of disinfectant from the public toilet, and most of all, the feeling you get in your feet from metal on metal as the wheels 'balance' on the track.

They feel unsturdy and ricketty and after a half hour journey, whether I have a return ticket or not, you can guarantee that I'll be catching the bus home!


MOVING HOUSE

The first thing my Mam and Dad bought together as a married couple was their own house. My Dad grew up in a council house, and although, that is where his family lived until the day he moved in with my Mam, he was devistated that the council decided to demolish the street in which his family home stood. My Mam and Dad have worked hard all these years to keep up with the mortgage payments, and I never did understand why they did not just sell up, get a low-rent council house and spend their earnings on the luxuaries they deserved, such as holidays, a family car, or nights out with their friends.

But, it has been 10 years since I flew the nest, and eight houses later, I can now see why my parents put every penny of their earnings into having their own home.

I hate everything about moving. The packing, the feeling of homesickness, breakages, losing friends, losing valuables, I could go on forever! When you move around as often as I have, you never get that feeling of Home - Just another place to lay your belongings, until next time!


DOCTOR'S SURGERYS

I am well and truly useless when it comes to keeping appointments, but when I do not want to attend that appointment, you can put your life on it, I will not be there. I have nothing against Doctors. For all the obvious reasons, I think they are angels, but ther Doctor's surgery - Well that is a different matter.

I swear, the germs flying around those places have TEETH! The loud BUZZZZZZ for the next patient, the telephone ringing every two minutes, the coughs, the babies crying, mindless gossip, year old magazines... And I always seem to have a two hour wait, even though I have had an appointment booked for over two whole months!


MSN

I absolutely refuse to use MSN, full stop. Why? Because I simply cannot cope! How people can find that much to talk about everyday completely baffles me. I get as far as :

ME - "Hiya, How are things?"

THEM - "Great thanks! And you?"

ME - "Yeah great. What you up to then?"

THEM - "Not much. Bored. You?"

ME - "Same really. Bored stiff!"

...And what then? Seriously, is this what life is all about? Admittedly, I spend a lot of time on Facebook, but at least there are things to do there. Play games, join groups, find new music... Okay, so maybe Facebook is not much better, but I am sure many will relate to this.


RUGBY SIX NATIONS

I know what you are all thinking, but no, it is not because I am a 'girly girl'. In fact, it is the opposite! I LOVE rugby. I grew up travelling the county as a fan for our local team. I would stand there in all weathers, shouting my support, win or lose. And I loved it a s a youngster when I was allowed to watch the Six Nations with my Dad and my Uncle, but as I have grown up and started watching the rugby in my local, I have grown to hate it all. The rugby - I will always love that, but the fans completly ruin the season for me. It seems that the only reason men go to the pub to watch the rugby is to drink the bar dry and 'smash one another to pieces'! And, I hate to say, the only reason the women go out is to ensure the men do just that. I am not saying everyone is the same, but the majority really spoil it for the true fans. Too much booze!

No comments:

Post a Comment